Seriously good exercise living out of a suitcase full of clothes.
Here in the Bretagne countryside these not a lot of point in being on trend so It's been relatively easy to dress myself in a muted palate of utility clothes and have a bash at the smart French woman look when going to a market. So it's been shorts, jeans chinos and a linen dress so far and that's been quite satisfying. Not bothering to style my hair has helped, and I've used the same pair of earrings most days. We kept up standards by applying a bit of lipstick every so often, but the best fashion accessory has been my runnner's tan, which makes everything look a bit better.
Flat white old Clarks shoes without socks have been good. Ditto an old striped jumper, ( at least 3 years) and some Gap shorts. A lot of beach use for a very old pair of Rockport sand shoes, these benefited from a spin in the washing machine before I left. I'm trying to enjoy them looking a bit past it. Nearly there. Two outings for the Maori bone carving round my neck, one evening meal, one trip to the airport.
Out for an evening meal on a grey day with showers. No chance of wearing the sleeveless long striped dress as it was too cold. That was the only dressed up thing I had, so put my dark denim jacket with my jeans to look like a matching suit and went with that. I reminded myself of the passage in the book The Girl with the Pearl Earrings when I slipped in a pair of grey pearls as an earring change. Not sure it had the same impact as a Vermeer, but there was just a little lift to the ensemble. Is this this tiny adjustment I'm going to have to work on from now on?
Getting near the end of the holiday and not much left to experiment with clothes wise. Should have brought a big scarf to drape about. That always works. Just a couple of vests and the striped frock left. Cream shorts also waiting for a sunny day, as are the short karkhi ones which are a nice shape. Saving a clean white shirt to wear home as it will make me look suntanned.
Nothing bought, managed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment